STILLWATER RADIO CONTEST RULES
(THESE APPLY TO ALL CONTESTS ON-AIR OR SOCIAL MEDIA)
1. All Stillwater Radio contests are open to all residents of the State of Oklahoma unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law.
2. Only one (1) qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
3. Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow Stillwater Radio to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to Stillwater Radio are taped and may be aired on any of Stillwater Radio Stations without further approval.
4. Stillwater Radio is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of Stillwater Radio will be final.
5. Employees and agents of Stillwater Radio and their families, their advertising agencies, or representatives are ineligible to enter contests with Stillwater Radio.
6. Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are to be picked up from the Stillwater Radio business office, located at 408 E. Thomas, Stillwater, OK. 74075.
7. Prizes are non-transferable. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
8. Stillwater Radio reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person as the winner.
9. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Stillwater Radio is not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
11. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of Stillwater Radio is final.
12. Stillwater Radio, it's agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any Stillwater Radio contest or prize awarded in a contest.
13. All contest entries become the property of Stillwater Radio. Stillwater Radio may withhold any or all contest materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for any reason relating to publicity and/or advertising.
14. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
15. These rules are subject to change without notice.
Your personal privacy is a principal concern to us at our radio station. Our goal in outlining our policy on the collection and use of listener / customer data is to ensure the highest level of confidentiality and security. When you provide your personal information to us, we will not give or sell your personal information to any outside company for its use in marketing or solicitation. We will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and it will be used only to support your customer relationship with our radio stations, assisting us in providing better and more targeted services to you. Additionally, internal practices are in place to help protect your privacy by limiting employee access to and use of customer data. When we ask for customer/listener information, it is done with the goal of improving the relationship between our radio station and our listeners. We allow our listeners to maintain control over their personal data while attempting to provide a more interactive online experience. Our intention is to send e-mail only to listeners/customers who have chosen to receive such e-mails. At any time, you have the right to decline receiving future communications in any manner, including email, fax, telephone and postal mail.
When you browse our radio website, you do so anonymously. Personal information (including your e-mail address) is not collected. However, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your e-mail address for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, membership, making a purchase, contests or participating in on-line surveys. We may ask for your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and birthdate. Other optional information may be asked (listener/customer preference information, lifestyle interests, and other demographic information) that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers.
Like many other commercial web sites, the radio website uses a standard technology called a "cookie" to collect information about how our site is used. Please read about cookies for more information.
We collect only information that is needed, and we tell listeners/customers how we use it. We limit the collection of information about our listeners/customers to what we need to know to manage their membership, to provide customer service, to offer new products and services, and to fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements. We tell our listeners/customers about the general uses of information we collect about them, and we will provide additional explanation if requested.
We give listeners / customers choices about how their data will be used. On a regular basis, we provide our listeners/customers the ability to decline any or all future email communications. Listeners / customers may also decide if and how they wish to be contacted via other communication media.
We give listeners / customers access to their data on-line. A listener / customer may change, update or add additional information about themselves at any time through our radio stations' web site, which offer this feature. If a station does not currently provide this ability, listeners / customers can still change their data profile by contacting the local station.
We ensure information quality. We use advanced technology and well-defined employee practices to help ensure that listener / customer data is processed promptly, accurately and completely.
We use information security safeguards. Access to listener / customer data is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities. We use security techniques designed to protect our listener / customer data, especially that data which is used by employees and business partners to fulfill listener / customer services.
We limit the release of listener/customer information. In addition to providing listeners / customers with the opportunity to refuse marketing offers, we release information only at the listeners' / customers' requests, or when required to do so by law or other regulatory authority. When a court order or subpoena requires us to release information, we will attempt to notify the listener / customer directly so that his / her legal rights can be exercised, if appropriate. The only exceptions to this policy are when we are prohibited by court order or law from notifying the listener / customer, or cases in which fraud and/or criminal activity is suspected.
We hold employees responsible for our privacy principles. Each employee is personally responsible for maintaining listener and customer confidentiality.
At times, our clients might collect data from listeners on our web sites or on site at a retail location or other station events. (This practice most commonly occurs when a client provides a prize giveaway and uses data collection as the means to register contest participants.) The collection of this data is clearly marked as information being collected for or by a third party, and providing such information is strictly voluntary. The station may help facilitate the collection of the data by providing forms and collection boxes for the client. Sometimes this information is shared with the radio station, though the station will only market to you if you have given us permission. Data gathered in this manner is shared with our client partners. Any other data you may have previously provided to us remains private.
If you provide us with your e-mail address, or have done so in the past, we may send you e-mail offers or newsletters. These offers or newsletters are based on information you provided in your membership application, registration forms, in surveys, from information that may indicate purchasing preferences and lifestyle, as well as information available from external sources, such as census bureau data. These e-mail offers will come from our radio station only. Our goal is to target offers to listeners / customers who will find them of value.
The data you provide is used to enhance the services and offers our radio stations bring you. As a result of providing personal information, our radio station can provide a more customized on-line experience, making your interaction with us more productive, helpful and fun. You can also expect to receive occasional communications targeted directly toward your lifestyle interests.
Declining e-mail offers. Our radio station provides listeners/customers with an easy means to decline receiving e-mail offers and recognizes the importance of providing you with choices. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving these offers from us by simply replying to the e-mail address included in every e-mail message you receive from us.
We do monitor URL click-throughs found in our email messages. The click-through rate is reviewed in order to: track participation in contests in order to judge effectiveness and to award prizes; track listener interests; track response rates for station marketing purposes or to report to a client in aggregate form only, the response of listeners. Individual activity is never shared with employees or third parties.
Children – Our radio station does not knowingly solicit data from children, and we will not knowingly market to children. We define children as anyone under 13 years of age.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Third party internet sites and services accessible through our radio station have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, membership ID, or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are on-line. If you post personal information on-line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While we aim to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
While each station puts forth its best efforts in adhering to these minimum privacy standards, additional restrictions may be imposed to comply with state and local laws, and/or station specific programs, products and services.